Monday, September 23, 2013

By the time I get to Woodstock . . .

. . . the leaves will be changing and the Forest Festival will be in full swing. All the trees will be trying on dresses of red, gold and brown, and discarding any leaves they feel they can do without. The sun will be shining and maybe a soft rain falling to intensify the colors. Have you seen the desert after a rainfall? The shrubs appear clad in previously unknown shades of red, green and yellow.

Now, it's elegant Woodstock Vermont I'm talking about of course, not the Woodstock of rock festival fame - that's in New York State, half a million miles from here.

I'll be donning a ranger hat for a few weeks (well, I take it off at night) to help out during the leaf-peeping d season at Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park, Vermont's only complete National Park property. We also have share in the Appalachian rail, 90 miles in fact, but it is shared with 13 other states. (Can you name them?) And, yes, the AT is part of the National Park Service. . .

. . . as I will be for three weeks. Please come visit me there. It's beautiful (understatement).

Plus, Thursday October 10, at 6:30 pm I'll be putting on a slideshow at the Norman Williams Library in Woodstock (VT) - the show is all about my favorite subject - me! And how I discovered everything I know about the National Park Service - some pretty neat stuff, and nice photos. We could make and evening of it - eat next door at the Woodstock Inn afterwards!






No comments:

Post a Comment